The Saskatchewan Rental Housing Supplement (SRHS) includes two benefits:
- The Family Rental Housing Supplement
- The Disability Rental Housing Supplement
The SRHS helps low-to-moderate income families and individuals to access quality and affordable housing.
The Family Rental Housing Supplement
- Eligibility is open to families with children under the age of 18.
- Family size, location, rent and household income deternmine the amount of the supplement.
- Eligible properties must meet specific health and safety requirements.
The Disability Rental Housing Supplement
- Eligibility is open to families, single individuals and couples.
- The supplement is conditional upon one family member having a disability that produces a recognized housing impact.
- Supports that address the housing impact of the disability must be in place at the time of application.
Recognized disability-related housing supports include:
- Accessibility/location supports - elevators, widened doorways, ramps or required supportive services such as living close to a supportive neighbour, family member or transportation/shopping services.
- Other physical supports/features such as audio or visual alarms, intercoms, grab bars, bath lifts, lowered counters, enhanced ventilation, lighting, security or reduced noise/soundproofing.
For further information or to complete a pre-assessment, please call 1-888-488-6385 (toll free) or 306-787-4723 in Regina.
The fax number for both the Saskatchewan Employment Supplement and Saskatchewan Rental Housing Supplement (in Regina) is 306-798-2058. The TTY numbers are: 306-787-1090 and 1-800-683-9052. The mailing address is: Box 2405 Stn. Main, Regina SK S4P 4L7.